I scream, you scream, we want OREO ICE CREAM [CAKE]!
- Oreo Base
- 200g Oreos
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Ice Cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1ltr thickened/whipping cream, whipped
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup chopped Oreos
- ½ cup chocolate sauce
- ½ cup chopped Oreos
- ½ whipped cream
- Oreo Base
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and blitz until crushed. Add melted butter and pulse to coat the Oreo crumbs.
- Add the crumbs to the bottom of a 9” spring form pan lined with baking paper and use the back of a tablespoon to press the crumbs firmly into the bottom of the tin. Chilled for 1 hour.
- To make the ice cream begin by adding the egg yolks, vanilla extract and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to mix together. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, whisking each time until the mixture thickens. It will take about 6-8 minutes to thicken depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Add the cream to a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to whisk together until you reach stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream to the cooled egg yolk mixture and use a spatula to fold in until well combined.
- Split the mixture into two separate bowls. Add the cocoa powder to one bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the chopped Oreos to the other and fold until well combined.
- Add 1 tbsp of each mixture into the bottom of the cake tin. Alternate between each ice cream flavour until it’s all in the cake tin. Freeze overnight.
- Carefully take the frozen cake out of the cake tin. Drizzle the top and sides with chocolate sauce.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with a Wilton 8B piping tup an pipe swirls of the cream. Finish with a sprinkle of chopped Oreos.