Enjoy a slice of cannoli with our cannoli crust cake made with a ricotta cheesecake filling and topped with rich, chocolate ganache.
Ingredients For the crust :
- 14 cannoli shells
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients For the cheesecake filling :
- 4 cups cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup candied orange zest
- 1 cup ricotta, drained
- 3 large eggs
Ingredients For the ganache :
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
Ingredients For the topping :
- 1/2 cup pistachio pieces
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 filled cannolis
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, grind cannoli shells until they resemble coarse sand. Add butter, sugar and salt. Press into a springform pan and refrigerate while filling is made.
- Make the cheesecake filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar, orange zest and vanilla. Remove the paddle and fold in ricotta. Attach the paddle and add in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Pour into crust and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until set. Allow cake to cool for up to 3 hours.
- Make the ganache: In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream almost to a boil. Pour over dark chocolate in a large bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Assemble the cake: Remove from pan and cover with ganache. Decorate with pistachios and mini chocolate chips. Gently place cannolis on top of the cake. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Cake will keep up to 5 days refrigerated.