- 6 dashes hot sauce, such as Valentina or Tobasco
- 3 dashes Maggi seasoning or soy sauce
- 1 to 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer, such as Corona, Modelo, or Tecat
- Coarse salt
- Lime wedges
- Ice cubes
- To prepare pint glass, place coarse salt in shallow dish; run lime wedge around edge of glass. Dip rim of glass into salt, shaking off excess. Fill glass with ice; add hot sauce, Maggi seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and lime juice. Pour beer over ice and seasoning. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve immediately.
1 drink: 165 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Michelada in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2019