- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pickled cherry peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients. Top with chicken, onion and broccoli. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°. Press cancel.
- Remove chicken; shred with two forks. Return to pressure cooker; heat through. Top with green onions and sesame seeds to serve. Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
1 cup: 159 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as General Tso’s Soup in Skinny Instant Pot