- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark Mexican beer
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mango salsa
- 24 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: Cubed fresh pineapple, cubed avocado and queso fresco
- Puree the first nine ingredients in a blender; stir in beer. In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine pork and pineapple mixture. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted into pork should read at least 145°. Press cancel. Stir to break up pork.
- Stir cilantro into salsa. Using a slotted spoon, serve pork mixture in tortillas; add salsa and toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and cooking juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
2 tacos: 284 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Crock Pot Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa in Skinny Instant Pot