- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Top with onion and tomatoes. In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, water, orange juice and seasonings; pour over top.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 170° If desired, serve with rice.
Freeze option: Place cooked chicken mixture in freezer containers. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
1 serving: 240 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as POWERFUL THIGHS in Skinny Instant Pot