- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Place chicken in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Combine broth, lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°. Press cancel.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; return to pressure cooker. Stir in lime zest. If desired, serve with cilantro.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently and adding a little broth if necessary.
1 serving: 132 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Southwestern Chicken Wraps in Skinny Instant Pot