- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large bowl or shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding any remaining marinade in bowl. Place chicken in a large shallow roasting pan; add potatoes in a single layer. Drizzle reserved marinade over potatoes; top with lemon slices. Bake until a thermometer reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender, 40-45 minutes. If desired, broil chicken 3-4 inches from heat until deep golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Test Kitchen tip
1 chicken thigh and 1 chicken leg with 1/2 cups potatoes: 483 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken in Simple & Delicious April/May 2019