- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cantaloupe
- Ginger ale or sparkling white grape juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and mint; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; allow to cool completely. Discard mint.
- Combine strawberries and melon. Just before serving, fill tall glasses with fruit and drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup. Add ginger ale to each.
- 1 serving: 194 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.